If I’ve learned anything throughout the years, it’s how fast the years go by.
It seems like just yesterday I was entering college as a little baby freshman, not knowing who I was or where the next four years would take me. Now, as I stare at a six-month gap between the here-and-now and the first day of the rest of my life– my college graduation– I find myself constantly pondering, “Where did the time go?!” This has been a season of life characterized by staying up too late reminiscing over old pictures on my Instagram, wishing for more time, and commenting that “this is my last time to do” x, y, or z.
So what do you do when you’re hurdling at full-speed towards the scariest time of your life with no money, no plan, and no clue what to do?
You make lists.
So here it is:
My Pre-Midlife-Crisis Bucket List. In the next 9 years, these are the things I want to accomplish. Feel free to check them off with me.
(1) Get a graduate degree.
(2) Travel abroad to 3 different countries (at least).
(3) Visit Niagara Falls.
(4) Get a job that you l-o-v-e.
(5) Read 30 books.
(6) Fail. (And bounce back.)
(7) Do “winter” in New York City.
(8) Spend a night out speaking solely in another language or another accent.
(9) Fall in love.
(10) Adopt a dog.
(11) Learn to cook.
(12) Write a book.
(14) Make new friendships.
(15) Learn how to mix drinks.
(16) Run a half marathon.
(17) Buy a car.
(18) Chop your hair off and donate it.
(19) Learn a new language.
(21) Do something kind for someone without them knowing it was you.
(22) Figure out how to make latte art.
(23) Begin saving for retirement.
(24) Host an event.
(25) Do something that scares you.
(26) Advocate for something you’re passionate about.
(27) Take a road trip.
(28) Make a scrapbook.
(29) Spend uninterrupted time with family.
(30) Love yourself.